If you’re not up to going the extra mile (or 10) to bake an entire apple pie, this is an easy option to help satisfy your spiced fruit cravings. We recommend using Red Delicious apples simply because they’re large and hearty, although you can use whichever type you please. Green apples are always a good option if you’re looking for more of a tart flavor.
- 1-medium-sized Red Delicious apple per person
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup currants or chopped raisins
- 2 tsp butter
Pellet Recommendation: Apple pellets
- Wash and dry apple.
- Using a paring knife, core apple, creating a two-inch diameter bowl in apple.
- Pierce apple flesh with a fork (this allows for the flavors to permeate deeper into the apple).
- In a bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, nuts, currants, divide into four equal portions.
- Spoon mixture into each apple, then top each with butter.
- Place apples in a heat tolerant glass baking dish.
- With Flame Zone™ cover in place, start the grill, adjusting setpoint temperature to 350 degrees.
- Pre-heat your MAK Grill for 10 minutes.
- Place pan in the center of the grill, and cook for approximately 30-40 minutes, until apples become tender, but not mushy.
- Carefully remove the hot pan, serve apples by themselves or with vanilla ice cream.
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
If you decide to give this recipe a try, we want to see it! Share a photo in our Facebook group – MAK Pellet Grill Fans. This group is filled with fellow pelletheads who are never hesitant to share their culinary masterpieces or offer MAK maintenance advice. If you’re not currently a member, request to join today!