Pellet grilling season is in full swing! Check out your local meat market or butcher to get the finest cuts to smoke on your MAK. What better way to spend the summer than grilling pork chops.
We’ve added a hint of citrus and garlic to spruce up pork chops. Unlike an entire rack of ribs, pork chops only take 30-40 minutes on your MAK. This recipe works great in sandwiches, wraps or plain with a side of grilled veggies.
Citrus-Garlic Pork Chops Recipe
- One 1-1/2 inch thick pork chop per person
- 8 medium-sized garlic cloves, peeled and chopped (1/4 cup)
- 6 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of lime zest
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- In a glass bowl, add all ingredients except chops.
- Thoroughly mix until a thick paste is created.
- Rinse and dry chops.
- Apply a uniform layer of paste on each side of the chop and set aside.
- Remove FlameZone™ covers and start your MAK Grill.
- Adjust setpoint temperature to 400°F and let the grill preheat.
- Place each chop on the surface grate and sear for approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Turn over every 5 minutes, for a total cooking time of 30 to 40 minutes, or when chops reach 160°F internal temperature.
- Remove from grill and serve.
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
If you try this recipe, we’d like to see it! Share a photo in our Facebook group – MAK Pellet Grill Fans. This group is filled with fellow pellet grillers who love to share their culinary masterpieces or offer MAK maintenance advice. If you’re not currently a member, request to join today!