Today is National Taco Day and to celebrate we’re having Carne Asada Tacos / Fajitas with a twist. Carne Asada is grilled beef, which is then used placed in a tortilla with a variety of condiments and vegetables. Fajitas use the same cut of beef, with the addition of onions and bell peppers wrapped in a tortilla. We hope you enjoy our Carne Asada Tacos Recipe!
- 2-3 lbs. skirt steak, peeled
- 1 16 oz. bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 4 tablespoons MAK Chipotle Rub
- Sour cream
- Salsa or Pico de Gallo
Preparation & Cooking:
- Rinse and towel dry the skirt steak. Carefully peel away the membrane from both the front and back of the steak.
- In a gallon sized resealable bag, add the skirt steak (we folded ours in half) and add the entire contents of the salad dressing. Seal the bag and allow meat to marinate for one to three hours in the fridge.
- After marinating, remove the steak from the bag and drain.
- Apply a uniform thickness of MAK Chipotle Rub to both sides of the steak. Set aside.
- Start your MAK and adjust temperature to GRILL.
- In a skillet, add 2 TBSP. cooking oil. Over med-high heat, saute the vegetables.
- Lay skirt steak flat on the cooking grates and cook for five to six minutes, then flip over and repeat for the second side. Once the internal temperature is above 135F, remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Add to tortillas with sauteed onions and bell pepper, add avocado slice and enjoy some fine tasting tacos.