One of our favorite fall dishes is vegetable/beef stew. Warming, hearty, stick-to-your ribs goodness. Any recipe you can cook on a stove or in an oven, you can duplicate on your MAK and this recipe is a perfect testament to that fact. Let’s get started!
MAK Beef Stew Recipe
- 2-3 lbs. chuck roast
- 3.5 cups beef broth
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium sized parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium sized carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped and sautéed
- 1 TBSP. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 quart cast iron pot or Dutch oven
- Optional: before cutting up vegetables, smoke them for 30 minutes.
- Start your MAK and set temperature at 450F. Allow grill to come to temperature.
- Sear both sides of the chuck roast, approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and allow roast to cool.
- After searing meat, lower grill temperature to 275F. Saute onions.
- Peel and dice vegetables, place inside pot.
- Cut up meat into one inch sized chunks. Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Gently combine all ingredients in the pot.
- Place lid on pot and transfer to grill.
- Allow stew to simmer on grill for approximately 3-3.5 hours. Check pot contents every hour to test level of softness of vegetables, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, remove from the grill and ladle into soup bowls. Serve with crusty French bread or rolls.