It’s no secret that everything is better when fried, especially tomatoes! We’ve put together a simple fried green tomatoes recipe which will be the perfect addition to any summer dinner party.
- Green tomatoes
- 2 cups flour (or fine cornmeal)
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp seasoned salt
- Vegetable oil
- Slice tomatoes 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick.
- Whisk eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a second medium-sized bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Dip tomatoes in the egg, then dredge in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Preheat your MAK Grill to 350, with griddle in place.
- Add enough oil to get a thin layer over the whole griddle.
- Place tomato slices into the heated oil in a single layer.
- Flip each slice with a fork once they have a nice golden brown color, and cook until both sides are golden and crispy.