When it comes to cooking up delicious goodies on your MAK grill, you don’t have to limit yourself to just meat and vegetables. In fact, your grill can serve as an oven, opening the door to all kinds of dessert possibilities! One of our all-time favorite grill desserts is maple bacon cupcakes. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory, guaranteed to make your taste buds sing with delight.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of bacon grease
- 1 lb smoked bacon
- 6 tablespoons of Maple extract – divided
- 1 tub of vanilla frosting
- Cook bacon until crispy, making sure to save the bacon grease (you will substitute this for the vegetable oil called for in the cake mix recipe.)
- You can put a cookie sheet or drip pan under the grates in your grill to catch the drippings.
- Once cooled, chop up the bacon into bits of the desired size, and set about 1/3 cup aside for the “sprinkles”.
- Prepare boxed cake mix according to directions, using your bacon grease instead of vegetable oil.
- Add 2 tsp of maple extract to the batter.
- Stir in chopped bacon, and spoon into muffin tins.
- Preheat your MAK grill to 350 degrees.
- Bake in your MAK according to the directions on the box.
- While cupcakes are baking, stir the remaining maple extract into the vanilla frosting, adding more if desired.
- Let cupcakes cool-approximately 30 minutes after baking, frost with maple flavored icing, and sprinkle bacon bits on top!!