We often tout the ability of our grills to operate like an outdoor oven. This week’s recipe takes advantage of that feature with our Smoked Corn Casserole with Bacon:
Smoked Corn Casserole with Bacon Recipe
- 2 cans whole corn (not creamed)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Italian or Seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 TBSP. butter
- 2 tsp. black pepper or 3-6 dashes Green Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp. rosemary, chopped
- Heat resistant casserole dish
- Large sauce pan
- Cooking spray
- In a saucepan, add the butter and garlic. Saute the garlic over medium heat for about (4) four minutes. Add in corn, cream cheese, cheddar and Swiss cheese, bacon and pepper or Tabasco sauce. Stir in all ingredients to blend and continue to cook until cheese melts.
- In a bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and rosemary.
- Lightly spray casserole dish, then transfer the cheese mixture from the saucepan to the casserole dish, creating a uniform thickness in the dish. Spread the bread crumb mixture evenly over the cheese mixture in the casserole dish.
- Start your grill and adjust setpoint temperature to 350F. Allow grill to come to temperature. (For grills with the FlameZone® feature, leave FlameZone covers in place.
- Place casserole inside grill and bake for 30 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned.
- Carefully remove when finished. Let the casserole cool for 15 minutes before serving.