The holiday season is in full swing! That means cool winter air and warm family gatherings, perfect conditions to enhance a glaze or old fashioned with Smoked Maple Syrup.
Smoked Maple Syrup
- 1 Quart high-quality pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla (or 1/2 vanilla pod split)
- Hickory Pellets
- Pour the maple syrup and vanilla into a large heat-proof pie pan or bowl (glass or ceramic work best). Use a vessel that provides as much surface area as possible.
- Turn on the MAK Grill; keep the default SMOKE setpoint.
- Place bowl into the warmer / smoker box of the MAK Two-Star General.
- Cold smoke for at least 6 hours (longer for a stronger smoke taste).
- Let cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Pour back into original syrup container and refrigerate for up to 3 months.
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
If you try this recipe, we’d like to see it! Share a photo in our Facebook group – MAK Pellet Grill Fans. This group is filled with fellow pellet grillers who love to share their culinary masterpieces or offer MAK maintenance advice. If you’re not currently a member, request to join today!