Little in life is as simple and satisfying as a perfectly cooked crispy smoked chicken. A pellet grill will create the incredible real wood smoke flavor that you love, but to get that perfect crispy skin you will need to take a few extra steps.
Perfect Crispy Smoked Chicken
- 1 half chicken (though this recipe can be applied to any quantity or portion of chicken).
- Your favorite dry rub.
- Turn on your MAK Grill and let it automatically enter SMOKE mode
- Work your fingers along and under the skin of the chicken in order to loosen it.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise and sprinkle your favorite dry rub underneath the skin
- Coat the outside of the bird in a thin layer of mayonnaise and your favorite rub
- Let the chicken smoke for 2 hours or until an internal temperature of 135 degrees.
- Raise the setpoint temperature to 375 degrees and let the chicken bake until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken and set the grill to cool down mode.
- Let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes and then serve while hot.
Don’t worry, your chicken won’t taste like mayonnaise when you’re done, but it will have perfect crispy skin. Give it a shot and let us know how it turns out!