Most people like to prepare steak with just salt, pepper and maybe a little A1 sauce. There’s nothing wrong with sticking to the basics, although it’s nice to step outside of your comfort zone every now and then. We promise this glaze is so good that it will put you in a daze!
- One thick strip steak per person
- Spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons of rosemary (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of ground pepper
- Smear a thin layer of mustard onto all sides of steaks.
- Mix rosemary, salt, and pepper, then sprinkle over both sides of steaks.
- Set Pellet Boss control to HIGH, and preheat until grill reaches 400ºF+.
- With the flame zone uncovered, sear steaks until internal temperature reaches five degrees below your desired final temperature (see below).
- The steak’s temperature will continue to rise approximately five degrees (carryover cooking) after removing from the grill.
- 120- 130ºF for Rare
- 130-135ºF for Medium Rare
- 135-145ºF for Medium
- 145-155ºF for Medium Well
- 155ºF+ for Well Done