Salmon Steaks With Mustard-Citrus Glaze Recipe
Cooking Time: Approximately 8 - 12 minutes
Here in the Northwest, we’re fortunate to enjoy fresh salmon no matter what time of year. We love how the combination of citrus and mustard help to enhance the delicate flavor of this species of fish. Give it a try!
Salmon Steaks With Mustard-Citrus Glaze
- 1 salmon steak per person
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 2 medium-sized lemons
- Zest of 1 large lime
- Using next to smallest teeth on your grater, grate all citrus.
- Blend zest together.
- Peel and seed fruit.
- Place fruit into a blender and liquefy.
- Strain into a bowl.
- Add mustard and citrus zest and mix together.
- With Flame Zone™ cover removed, start grill and adjust set point temperature to 450 degrees. Allow grill to come to temperature.
- Place Salmon steaks on cooking grates and brush entire piece of fish with the citrus/mustard mixture.
- Cook for approximately 4-6 minutes, then turn and repeat brushing with glaze until fish becomes pale in color.
- Remove fish as soon as flesh transforms from pink to pale with a golden brown sear.
- Rest for ten minutes, then serve while hot.