These bite-sized treats are always a hit with family members and guests. You can serve them as either an appetizer, side dish or a snack for yourself while sipping on some crisp white wine (or a beer if that’s more your style). These yummy shrimp stuffed portobello mushrooms pair well with pretty much anything!
- 1 Portobello mushroom cap
- 15 fully cooked shrimp
- 2 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 Baby Bella mushrooms, finely chopped
- Pinch of parsley flakes or fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- Bread crumbs
Preparation & Cooking
- In a pan, sauté finely chopped Baby Bella mushrooms and red onion in extra virgin olive oil and season with granulated garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Remove stem and brown gills from the undersides of mushrooms using a spoon and discard.
- Mix all ingredients using a few pinches of bread crumbs and stuff the Portobello core cap.
- Top the Shrimp Stuffed Portobello Mushroom with a light blanket of bread crumbs and spritz the mushroom with some EVOO and cap it with Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat MAK grill to 375 degrees F.
- Cook on grill for 30-45 minutes, or until filling is hot and cheese has melted.
- Let cool and serve!