Quiche (pronounced “keesh”) is a great option for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. At a glance, it may look fairly complicated to make, but we promise it’s super easy… and delicious! One of the best things about quiche is there are endless ingredient options which allow for plenty of flavor experimentation. We’ve included our vegetable quiche recipe along with suggestions for different ingredient combinations. Enjoy!
- 1 pre-made pie crust (the type with the tin included)
- 1 cup of milk (or half-and-half for a richer flavor)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash of salt & pepper (or other herbs if desired)
- 1/2 cup of onion (diced)
- 1 cup of spinach (chopped)
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 4 large mushrooms
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
- Preheat your MAK Grill to 350°F
- Saute onions, spinach, and mushrooms in one tablespoon of butter (or olive oil) over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, beat the eggs in a large bowl, and stir in the milk.
- Place the shredded cheese and fillings in the pie crust, and pour the milk and egg mixture over the top slowly. (Leave a little room at the top so you don’t slosh anything out while moving the quiches!)
- Put the quiche(s) on the preheated grill, close the lid, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until a butter knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve!
If plain vegetable quiche isn’t your jam, we’ve included some of our other favorite ingredient combinations for you to try:
Artichoke hearts, feta cheese, kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes, and oregano.
Fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, diced tomatoes, chopped apple with muenster cheese and caramelized onions.
PICK & CHOOSE YOUR OWN!
Roasted garlic, chopped spinach, green pepper, roasted red pepper, mushroom varieties, chopped sweet onion, jalapeños, bleu cheese, crab/shrimp/lobster, olive varieties, broccoli, potato, beets, turnip, leeks, green onion, cilantro, chives, asparagus, goat cheese, sweet corn, spices, etc.