On the fifth day of Christmas my MAK Grill made for me: five golden shrimp kabobs, four prime ribs, three smoked turkeys, two ham glazes and ribs competition ready.
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Shrimp marinated in a spicy and sweet chipotle honey lime marinade and quickly grilled to perfection. These bite-size delicacies make for a great appetizer, filling for tacos or a topping for a salad!
Chipotle Honey Lime Marinade
- 1/3 cup chipotle in adobo sauce (both peppers and sauce)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- metal skewers or wood (if using wood, make sure to soak them for at least 20 minutes prior to cooking)
Preparation & Cooking
- Place all marinade ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined and pureed.
- Place the marinade ingredients in a large gallon-sized plastic bag and add the shrimp. Mix together and place in the refrigerator to marinate for one hour.
- Setpoint temperature to 450F and allow your MAK Grill to come to temperature.
- Thread shrimp on to metal or wood skewers and discard the marinade.
- Grill the shrimp skewers for two minutes, flip once for about 90 seconds. The shrimp should go from an opaque look to a pink color, but be sure to watch after the flip as it won’t take long to finish the other side.
General Tip: Want more flavor? Add some of your favorite dry rubs or simply sprinkle salt and pepper over the pre-cooked skewered shrimp for extra flavor.
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
If you decide to give this recipe a try, we want to see it! Share a photo in our Facebook group – MAK Pellet Grill Fans. This group is filled with fellow pelletheads who are never hesitant to share their culinary masterpieces or offer MAK maintenance advice. If you’re not currently a member, request to join today!