On the fifth day of Christmas my MAK Grill made for me: five golden shrimp kabobs, four prime ribs, three smoked turkeys, two ham glazes and ribs competition ready.
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Shrimp marinated in a spicy and sweet chipotle honey lime marinade and quickly grilled to perfection. These bite-size delicacies make for a great appetizer or for filling tacos.
- 2 lbs of shrimp (we use 26-32 count shrimp peeled and deveined)
Chipotle Honey Lime Marinade
- 1/3 cup chipotle in adobo sauce (both peppers and sauce)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Place all marinade ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined and pureed.
- Place the marinade ingredients in a large gallon-sized plastic bag and add the shrimp. Mix together and place in the refrigerator to marinate for one hour.
- Setpoint temperature to 450F and allow the grill to come to temperature.
- Thread shrimp on to metal or wood skewers and discard the marinade.
- Grill the shrimp skewers for two minutes, flip once for about 90 seconds. The shrimp should go from an opaque look to a pink color, but be sure to watch after the flip as it won’t take long to finish the other side.
Special equipment: metal skewers or wood (if using wood, make sure to soak them for at least 20 minutes prior to cooking)
Want More Flavor? Add some of your favorite dry rubs or simply sprinkle salt and pepper over the pre-cooked skewered shrimp for extra flavor.
There you have it. A new recipe for your MAK!