Who doesn’t love a good smoked tuna steak, especially if it’s covered in a fresh mango-lime salsa? If that gets your stomach a rumbling, then check out our recipe!
Ahi Tuna With Mango-Lime Salsa
Cook Time: Approximately 20-30 Minutes
Mango Salsa (Makes 1 1/2 Cups)
- 1 cup of fresh mango, diced
- 1/3 cup of roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- Dust each side of tuna with MAK Fish Rub.
- With FlameZone™ covers removed, start the grill and adjust setpoint temperature to 450°F.
- Brush grill topper/frog mat/piece of aluminum foil with olive oil.
- Place steaks on topper/mat/foil and place in grill.
- Cook about 10 minutes per side, per inch of thickness.
- Flip tuna steaks after 10 minutes; close lid and cook until steaks turn from bright to pale, and fish flakes when tested with a fork. Do not overcook fish!
- While fish is cooking, prepare the Mango-Lime Salsa; combine all salsa ingredients and chill.
- Serve hot fish with salsa. Enjoy!