We want to see all your food creations this April. Whether you’re catching the fish yourself or buying it from your local supermarket, there are countless ways to prepare seafood dishes on your MAK Grill. You can go the gourmet route with fine shellfish like crab or lobster, or you can go a more casual route with shrimp or tilapia. It’s time to throw on your poncho, brave the April showers and get grilling to win the April contest!
Send Us Your April Contest Recipe Submissions
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
To kick things off, we’ve included a fairly easy, yet beyond delicious seafood dish to ease you into the April contest category. Who doesn’t love a good smoked tuna steak, especially if it’s covered in a fresh mango-lime salsa? If that gets your stomach a rumbling, then check out our recipe!
Ahi Tuna With Mango-Lime Salsa
Cook Time: Approximately 20-30 Minutes
Mango Salsa (Makes 1 1/2 Cups)
- 1 cup of fresh mango, diced
- 1/3 cup of roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- Dust each side of tuna with MAK Fish Rub.
- With FlameZone™ covers removed, start the grill and adjust setpoint temperature to 450°F.
- Brush grill topper/frog mat/piece of aluminum foil with olive oil.
- Place steaks on topper/mat/foil and place in grill.
- Cook about 10 minutes per side, per inch of thickness.
- Flip tuna steaks after 10 minutes; close lid and cook until steaks turn from bright to pale, and fish flakes when tested with a fork. Do not overcook fish!
- While fish is cooking, prepare the Mango-Lime Salsa; combine all salsa ingredients and chill.
- Serve hot fish with salsa. Enjoy!