A good majority of cities across the U.S. are still getting hit by winter weather. It’s that point in the season where we’re all sick and tired of snow and ice, grimacing as we bundle up before our morning commute. One thing that helps make these last few days of winter bearable is comfort food and beef tenderloin with button mushrooms definitely qualifies as that. You can serve it with gravy, in a stew, or fresh off the grill with no frills. It’s quite the delicacy no matter how you serve it!
- 2 lbs. of beef tenderloin
- 1 lb. of fresh button mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 2 large onions cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of MAK Bird Rub
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- In a measuring cup, combine olive oil, garlic, MAK Bird Rub, and black pepper; set aside.
- In a flameproof baking pan (13”x9”x2”) toss together mushrooms, onions, and ¼ cup olive oil mixture.
- Brush tenderloin with remaining olive oil mixture to coat.
- Place the FlameZone covers over the holes on the FlameZone pan.
- Start your MAK grill and adjust setpoint temperature to 300°F.
- Preheat grill, approximately 10 minutes.
- Place beef on the cooking grate, and the veggie-filled baking pan on the cooking grate beside the meat, close lid and cook for 60-75 minutes, or until internal meat temp reaches 150°F.
- Remove meat and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- While meat is resting, add wine to mushrooms, close lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the beef and slice against the grain.
- Remove mushrooms and place around tenderloin slices, then serve!