This cut epitomizes what good BBQ is about; taking a cheap cut and turning it into something great. They may not be as tender as the expensive premium cuts, but if done right they’re still quite tender and delicious. The two critical things to keep them tender is:
1) DON’T overcook them.
2) It’s all about the rest! Let them rest and relax for a minimum of 30–40 minutes before slicing.
- 2-3 lb eye of round roast
- Few tablespoons of spicy brown mustard
- Favorite seasoned salt or rub
Preparation & Cooking
- Rub a thin layer of brown mustard on all sides of roast, and sprinkle with seasoned salt or rub.
- Preheat your MAK Grill to 250°F.
- Place your roast on the grill, and insert meat probe into the thickest section of meat.
- You’ll want to pull the meat off of the grill when the internal temperature is 132°-135°(max) so it does not get overcooked.
- This should take approximately 2 to 2 1/2 hours, but set an alarm on the Pellet Boss for when the probe reaches 130-132, or monitor your probe temperature frequently to ensure the roast does not overcook.
- After removing roast from grill, allow the meat to rest for 30-40 minutes before slicing.
- The roast temperature will continue to climb an additional 5°-10°after you remove it from the grill (carryover cooking).
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
If you decide to give this recipe a try, we want to see it! Share a photo in our Facebook group – MAK Pellet Grill Fans. This group is filled with fellow pelletheads who are never hesitant to share their culinary masterpieces or offer MAK maintenance advice. If you’re not currently a member, request to join today!