Today we celebrate the joining of sweet and savory in a glorious union known as the Fruit Stuffed Pork Loin.
Fruit Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 pork loin (4 to 6 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds or walnuts
- 4 tablespoons MAK Sweet Rub
- In a bowl, combine the dried fruit and nuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Cut the pork loin in half length-wise, resulting in 2 pieces approximately 6-8 inches long.
- Cut another slit almost end to end in the flat side of each piece of the loin to create a trough. The slit should be approximately one inch deep.
- Use your fingers to widen the trough in order to insert dried fruit mixture.
- Cover meat with MAK Sweet Rub. Work the rub into the meat on all sides and ends. Add a few drops of water if the meat is not wet enough to massage rub into it.
- Lay one half of the loin on the other and tie together with butcher string
- With Flame Zone™ covers in place, power on your grill and leave the setpoint temperature on SMOKE. Allow grill to come to temperature.
- Place loin halves on grill; close the lid and smoke for 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Increase setpoint temperature to 350 degrees and cook pork until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove loin from grill and allow to rest for 15 minutes
- Slice into 1/2 inch thick slices, then serve while hot.