On the fourth day of Christmas my MAK Grill made for me: four prime ribs, three smoked turkeys, two ham glazes and ribs competition ready.
Smoked Prime Rib
A surefire way to impress your guests this holiday season is to plop one of these bad boys down on the dinner table! Prime rib is the perfect combination of flavorful juices and tenderness. The mere image of a smoked prime rib immediately makes our bellies rumble and mouth water.
Smash down bouillon cubes and mix in Worcestershire sauce until it turns into a paste (or use the bullion that is in a powder form).
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of coriander
Pellet Recommendation: Hickory and Apple pellets
Preparation & Cooking
- Wipe wet rub on both sides, rub dry rub over the wet rub.
- Let the meat sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- With Flame Zone™ cover in place, start the grill and set the temperature to 225 degrees.
- Pre-heat grill, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap from meat.
- Insert the meat probe length-wise into roast from the side, plug into Pellet Boss™ controller.
- Set probe temperature alarm for 130 degrees.
- Place roast on the grill, bone side down.
- Close lid and cook approximately two and a half to three hours until internal meat temperature reaches 130º F.
- Reduce setpoint temperature to smoke and continue cooking until internal meat temperature reaches 140 degrees (rare).
- Remove roast from grill and rest 15 minutes before carving.
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
If you decide to give this recipe a try, we want to see it! Share a photo in our Facebook group – MAK Pellet Grill Fans. This group is filled with fellow pelletheads who are never hesitant to share their culinary masterpieces or offer MAK maintenance advice. If you’re not currently a member, request to join today!