On the fourth day of Christmas my MAK Grill made for me: four prime ribs, three smoked turkeys, two ham glazes and ribs competition ready.
Prime Rib Recipe
Approximate Cooking Time: 2.5-3 hours
Prime Rib of 10-12 lbs.
Hickory and Apple pellets.
Smash down bouillon cubes and mix in Worcestershire sauce until it turns into a paste (or use the bullion that is in a powder form).
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of coriander
- Wipe wet rub on both sides, rub dry rub over the wet rub.
- Let the meat sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- With Flame Zone™ cover in place, start the grill and set the temperature to 225 degrees.
- Pre-heat grill, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap from meat.
- Insert the meat probe length-wise into roast from the side, plug into Pellet Boss™ controller.
- Set probe temperature alarm for 130 degrees.
- Place roast on the grill, bone side down.
- Close lid and cook approximately two and a half to three hours until internal meat temperature reaches 130º F.
- Reduce setpoint temperature to smoke and continue cooking until internal meat temperature reaches 140 degrees (rare).
- Remove roast from grill and rest 15 minutes before carving.