Today we’re pleased to present MAK owner Cliff Seiler’s (aka Tenthunter) recipe for Tandoori Chicken:
Tandoori Chicken Recipe
- 3 lbs. boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP freshlime juice
- 1 TBSP paprika
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½-1-1/2 cayenne pepper (1/2 tsp.=mild, 1 tsp.=medium, 1-1/2 tsp. =hot)
- Spice Mix (or you could use 1 TBS Curry powder):
- 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 1 tsp ground Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the paprika, cayenne, and oil, and allow to sit for a few minutes. This draws the red color from the paprika & cayenne, and infuses it into the oil.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Place chicken into a bowl or pan deep enough to pour in the marinade and cover the meat.
- Pour marinade over meat, mix and allow to marinate for 30 minutes to a few hours. Skewer the meat (if desired).
- With Flame Zone™ covers remove, start grill and set the setpoint temperature to 450 degrees. Allow grill to come to temperature.
- Remove chicken from the bowl, lightly shaking it to remove excess tandoor mixture.
- Place chicken on grill and cook for approximately 10-12 minutes per side, allowing the skin to become lightly charred.
- Remove and serve.