Little gems of the sea, a.k.a. oysters are the perfect way to treat yourself this spring! If you’re a seafood lover and have never given them a try, it’s definitely worth splurging for the opportunity. The best way to describe their flavor is simply pure ocean in a shell. Try our smoked oysters recipe and serve them at the next get together or enjoy them yourself (because when it comes to oysters who really likes to share?).
- 12 oysters in shell
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 lemons, quartered
- Aluminum foil
Pellet Recommendation: Alder or Hickory pellets
- Scrub oysters in cold water.
- Shuck your oysters by prying the shells open to allow water to rinse inside the oyster.
- Towel pat oysters dry.
- With the Flame Zone™ cover removed, adjust setpoint temperature to 450°F and preheat your MAK grill.
- Shape foil into the tray; place oysters onto a tray.
- Place oysters on grates over Flame Zone™, close lid and cook until oyster shells pop open approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Carefully remove the tray from the grill.
- Place hot oysters on serving platter.
- Serve hot with melted butter and lemon wedges or cold with horseradish and hot sauce.
* Recipe Option: Make an oyster roll or oyster burger by placing them on a bun with relish or other fillings of your choice.