We’re all familiar with that rush of excitement most pelletheads get when we’re cruising down the meat section of our local grocery store and we stumble upon a beautifully cut steak for a reasonable price. You immediately stock up and proceed to daydream about all the different ways you could prepare them for the remainder of your shopping trip.
A tri-tip steak offers a wide variety of grilling options. It can be reversely seared, slowly smoked or grilled normally. We’ve provided just one option for the perfect smoked tri-tip steak. We hope you enjoy it!
- 4 lbs. of beef tri-tip steak
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 2 teaspoons of garlic juice
- 2 teaspoons of MAK Cajun Rub
- In a bowl, combine beef broth, wine, and garlic juice together.
- Transfer the liquid into meat syringe and inject into the meat on both sides of the steaks.
- Massage to help distribute the marinade mixture throughout the meat.
- Lightly sprinkle MAK Cajun Rub to an outside surface of the steaks.
- Start grill, adjusting the setpoint temperature to 450°F.
- Preheat grill, approximately 10 minutes.
- Program meat probe alarm for 150°F.
- Insert probe tip into the thickest part of the tri-tip.
- Place meat on the cooking grate and grill each side for approx. 12-18 minutes.
- Adjust temperature to Smoke.
- Leave tri-tip on the smoke setting for approx. 30 minutes.
- Remove from grill, slice against the grain, then serve your perfectly smoked tri-tip steak.
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
If you decide to give this recipe a try, we want to see it! Share a photo in our Facebook group – MAK Pellet Grill Fans. This group is filled with fellow pelletheads who are never hesitant to share their culinary masterpieces or offer MAK maintenance advice. If you’re not currently a member, request to join today!