Stuffed Chicken Poppers Recipe
Cook Time: Approximately 30-45 minutes
Love the taste of Jalapeño poppers? What if we told you your favorite appetizer can be turned into the main course? We promise it’s not too good to be true. We’ve put together a recipe that turns ordinary chicken breast into a deliciously poppin’ dish! Enjoy this stuffed chicken poppers recipe.
- 1 large chicken breast per person
- 2 cups toasted panko (or bread) crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 1 (8oz) block of cream cheese
- 2 large jalapeño peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4-6 slices of crispy bacon, chopped
Preparation & Cooking
- Mix panko crumbs and taco seasoning on a plate.
- Mix filling ingredients together in a bowl.
- Slice a pocket into each chicken breast starting on the fatter end, and expand to create enough space for the filling.
- Stuff the cream cheese mixture into the pocket, leaving a small amount of room at the opening to pinch closed. (You can secure with toothpicks if desired.)
- Lightly moisten outside of stuffed chicken breast with a little olive oil, then coat all sides with the panko crumb mixture.
- Preheat MAK grill to 375°F.
- Place on grill (indirect heat) and cook at 375°F until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let cool and serve!