Stuffed Chicken Poppers Recipe
Cook Time: Approximately 30-45 minutes
Love the taste of Jalapeño poppers? What if we told you your favorite appetizer can be turned into a main course? We promise it’s not too good to be true. We’ve put together a recipe that turns ordinary chicken breast into a deliciously poppin’ dish!
- 1 large chicken breast per person
- 2 cups toasted panko (or bread) crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 1 (8oz) block of cream cheese
- 2 large jalapeño peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4-6 slices of crispy bacon, chopped
- Mix panko crumbs and taco seasoning on a plate.
- Mix filling ingredients together in a bowl.
- Slice a pocket into each chicken breast starting on the fatter end, and expand to create enough space for the filling.
- Stuff the cream cheese mixture into the pocket, leaving a small amount of room at the opening to pinch closed. (You can secure with toothpicks if desired.)
- Lightly moisten outside of stuffed chicken breast with a little olive oil, then coat all sides with the panko crumb mixture.
- Preheat MAK grill to 375°F.
- Place on grill (indirect heat) and cook at 375°F until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let cool and serve!