Whether you’re looking to whip up some shrimp tacos to go with your afternoon margarita or are simply craving a tasty seafood snack, these tequila marinated jumbo prawns are the perfect thing!
Tequila Marinated Jumbo Prawns Ingredients
- One pound of Jumbo prawns, 21-25 count, deveined and peeled
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of gold tequila
- Juice of one lime
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Metal or bamboo skewers
- Mesquite pellets
- Sautee onions, garlic, and scallion whites in butter until translucent; allow to cool.
- In a glass dish large enough to hold prawns, add sauté mixture along with tequila and lime juice; mix thoroughly.
- Set prawns in the dish, in a single layer.
- Marinate for one hour, turning over just once.
- With FlameZone™ covers removed, start the grill and adjust setpoint temperature to HIGH. Let your MAK grill preheat.
- Presoak the skewers in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Using two skewers, thread through the head of one prawn with one skewer and through the tail with the other, leaving a little room between each prawn.
- Place over the FlameZone™, close lid, and grill for approximately 6 minutes per side.
- Baste the shrimp with the tequila marinade while cooking.
- Once shrimp have turned chalky white, remove immediately from the grill.
- Serve and enjoy!
General Tip: “Grilled shrimp are great to use for tacos, pasta dishes or chilled and served in a seafood salad”