Happy National Grilled Cheese Day!
That’s right, there’s a whole holiday dedicated to this cheesy masterpiece of a sandwich. We’re very grateful to the person who first put some cheese between two slices of bread and discovered grilled cheese! Try this spiced up grilled cheese recipe and send us your pics.
Our mentality is always why not make something that’s already amazing, even better? So that being said, we’ve provided you with an extra MAK-tastic spiced up grilled cheese recipe!
- 2 thick-cut slices of bread
- 2 large pats of cold butter
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 sliced jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons of pepper jelly
- MAK smoked pulled pork shoulder
Preparation & Cooking
- Heat grill to 350°F with FlameZone™ cover on and MAK Griddle in place.
- Assemble cheese, jalapeño pepper, pulled pork, and pepper jelly between bread slices.
- Apply butter to both outer sides of the bread.
- Cook both sides of sandwich on the MAK Griddle till browned and cheese is melted.
- Enjoy! (Best served with a bottle of Fat Tire.)
Other Great Combos
- Sharp cheddar and ham
- Smoked Gouda, steak and sautéed onions and mushrooms
- Mexican cheese blend, corn, diced tomatoes, and black beans
- Mozzarella, fresh basil, tomato, and Italian seasoning
- Pepper jack, ground beef, and green onion
- Blue cheese, bacon and fig.
- Goat cheese, pimiento olives, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes
- Mozzarella, pepperoni and tomato sauce
What’s your favorite combo? Let us know!