On the seventh day of Christmas, my MAK Grill made for me: seven potatoes smoking, six asparagus a grilling, five golden shrimp kabobs, four prime ribs, three smoked turkeys, two ham glazes and ribs competition ready. Enjoy our seasoned and grilled potato rounds recipe.
Seasoned and Grilled Potato Wedges (Serves 4)
- 3-5 potatoes (depending on size), cut into 1/8 inch thick wedges, skin on
- 1 stick of unsalted butter or Garlic Spread
- 3 tablespoons of Seasoned Salt
- 3 tablespoons of lemon pepper
- optional: substitute MAK Sweet & Mesquite Rub for above seasonings
- optional: shredded cheese—any variety
- vegetable spray
- 1-2 pie pans or 9×12 tempered casserole dish
- aluminum foil
- Wash the potatoes and towel pat dry.
- Next, slice each potato into wedges.
- In a bowl, mix the seasoning ingredients together.
- Spray the pie pan(s) or casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- Begin by placing a layer of potatoes into the pie pan or casserole dish, sprinkle with seasoning mix.
- Continue to add layers until it almost comes to the top of the pan or dish.
- Next, slice butter and place over the top layer of the potatoes. (Or sprinkle cheese on top of potatoes and then add butter or Garlic Spread)
- Cover pan or dish with aluminum foil.
- Start your MAK Grill and adjust the temperature to 350F. (For grills with the FlameZone® accessory, leave FZ pan covered)
- Allow the grill to come up to temperature.
- Place pan or dish inside the grill and cook for approximately 60 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove pan from the grill.
- Remove the foil and allow potatoes to cool for (10) ten minutes before serving.