On the seventh day of Christmas my MAK Grill made for me: seven potatoes a smoking, six asparagus a grilling, five golden shrimp kabobs, four prime ribs, three smoked turkeys, two ham glazes and ribs competition ready.
Seasoned and Grilled Potato Rounds (Serves 4)
- 3-5 potatoes (depending on size), cut into 1/8 inch thick rounds, skin on
- 1 stick of unsalted butter or Garlic Spread
- 3 tablespoons of Seasoned Salt
- 3 tablespoons of lemon pepper
- optional: substitute MAK Sweet & Mesquite Rub for above seasonings
- optional: shredded cheese—any variety
- vegetable spray
- 1-2 pie pans or 9×12 tempered casserole dish
- aluminum foil
- Wash the potatoes and towel pat dry.
- Next, slice each potato into 1/8th-inch rounds.
- In a bowl, mix the seasoning ingredients together.
- Spray the pie pan(s) or casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- Begin by placing a layer of potatoes into the pie pan or casserole dish, sprinkle with seasoning mix.
- Continue to add layers until it almost comes to the top of the pan or dish.
- Next, slice butter and place over the top layer of the potatoes. (Or sprinkle cheese on top of potatoes and then add butter or Garlic Spread)
- Cover pan or dish with aluminum foil.
- Start your MAK and adjust the temperature to 350F. (For grills with the FlameZone® accessory, leave FZ pan covered)
- Allow grill to come up to temperature.
- Place pan or dish inside the grill and cook for approximately 60 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove pan from the grill.
- Remove the foil and allow potatoes to cool for (10) ten minutes before serving.