On the eleventh day of Christmas my MAK Grill made for me: eleven bacon sundaes, ten Oreo cheesecakes, nine apple pies, eight cornbread stuffings, seven potatoes smoking, six asparagus a grilling, five golden shrimp kabobs, four prime ribs, three smoked turkeys, two ham glazes and ribs competition ready. Enjoy this maple pecan bacon sundae recipe.
Maple Pecan Bacon Sundaes
We all know that everything’s better with bacon. That being said, here’s a recipe for an ice cream sundae that is the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
- 1 lb. of thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 3/4 cups pure maple syrup (preferably grade B)
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup of pecans, toasted
- vanilla ice cream
Preparation & Cooking
- Cook the bacon on your MAK according to our candied bacon recipe.
- Combine maple syrup and cinnamon sticks in a deep medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is thickened and reduced to 1/2 to 2/3 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Mix lemon juice and ginger into the sauce. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Scoop ice cream into dessert dishes, drizzle the sauce over the ice cream, sprinkle with toasted pecans and top it off with a few slices of your candied bacon.
Once you have perfected this maple pecan bacon sundae recipe serve it to your friends and family and become their new favorite person. But, let’s face it, you probably already were. Be sure to check out our other recipes which include breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between.